While you are online shopping at home, you may remember that your four-legged child is running low on his daily medication. You could get your things and drive over to the vet’s office (if they’re still open) and pick some up or you could wait until the vet makes a trip out to your barn.
However, there is a quicker way! With our online pharmacy, you can set up your account and order medications for your horse in about 5 minutes. Keep reading to learn how to create your profile, order medications, and manage your account!
Setting Up Your Vets First Choice Account
- Go to the Carolina Equine Hospital website and scroll down the homepage until you get to the banner with a clickable picture reading “RX Online Pharmacy” and click on it.
- Move your mouse to the top right of the screen and click “Sign In”. This will prompt you to enter your email.
- Since you don’t have an account with VFC, entering your email will open a new page with the option to make an account. Enter your first and last name in the text boxes and include the best phone number to reach you (they can call you if there is ever an issue with your order).
- Create a password. Your password must contain 8 characters, including an uppercase letter and number. Try to make it something that is easy to remember!
- To add your horse into your file, look on the left side of the page after logging in and click on the “Your Patients” tab. Click on the blank box displayed to add your horse’s info and to select his primary veterinarian. This also allows you to enter any known allergies he may have. As far as entering his weight, most horses are around 1,000 lbs. If you know his exact weight, even better!
- To start the ordering process, go to the left of the page again and click on the “Your Orders” tab. This will take you to a page with a tempting button that says shop now. Click it. This opens up the online store and gives you access to lots of medications available for purchase.
- Type in the medication you’re looking for. For example, you can type in Equioxx. There are 3 forms of Equioxx on the online pharmacy so if your vet has asked you to put your horse on Equioxx tablets, you will select the tablet version.
- Select the dosage, amount per bottle, and number of bottles you wish to order.
- Click “Autoship” if you would like to have that medication charged and shipped to your house the same time every month (or you can set it to be charged and shipped every certain number of weeks). If you would like to buy your medication without autoship, click the bubble next to “One time only”. Note: Some autoshipped medications receive a discount for using the service. This may be a first-use only discount, or an every order discount.
- Click add to cart. A small window should appear from the right side showing what your total will be.
- Click Checkout.
- If you have a promo code or coupon code, type it into the promo code box in the upper right part of the order page and click “apply”.
- After applying any coupons, click the “checkout” button. This will take you to an order confirmation page that lets you double check your order to make sure everything is correct before ordering. If everything looks good, click “checkout”.
- Type in your shipping address and click “continue”.
- Do the same thing with your shipping method and payment.
- Click Confirm order and wait for an order confirmation email to come to your inbox! Your order will be prepared and shipped before you know it!
If your vet has pre-approved a medication for you, you can find it by going to your account page and clicking on the tab on the left that says veterinarian recommendations. This allows you to order the medication that your veterinarian has prescribed for your horse.
Applying Coupon Codes
Several times a month, Vets First Choice sends out an email containing a money saving coupon for use on the online pharmacy. While some only apply to certain items, occasionally a general coupon will be available for use when you spend a certain amount of money on the pharmacy. To use this coupon at checkout, go to the top right of the screen where it shows a text box labeled “Promotional code” and enter your coupon code. Make sure after you put in the code you click the link to the right that says apply. This will apply the savings to your order.